About Indian Maharaja Deccan Odyssey Train Tour
To supplement the Deccan Odyssey Train Tour operating across Konkan Coast & Goa,two new train tour circuits of Deccan Odyssey train were introduced in Nov 2009 viz
- * 7 Nights Indian Maharaja Deccan Odyssey Train Tour from New Delhi to Mumbai
- * 7 Nights Indian Maharaja Deccan Odyssey Train Tour from Mumbai to New Delhi
The Deccan Odyssey train is jointly owned by Indian Railways & Maharashtra State Govt & onboard hospitality is managed by Taj Group of Hotels.
The operations of Indian Maharaja Train tour circuit is handled by local tour operator.
The 7 Nights/8 Days Indian Maharaja Train Tour from New Delhi to Mumbai departs from New Delhi on Wednesday evening & covers Agra Taj mahal(Thurs); Pink city of Jaipur(Fri);Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve(Sat);Udaipur Lake City (Sun); Ellora caves(Mon); Ajanta caves(Tue) ; before reaching Mumbai next Wednesday Morning
INDIAN MAHARAJA TRAIN TOUR PROGRAM - FROM DELHI TO MUMBAI
Day 1 : Wed : DELHI Depart
Report at Safderjung Railway Station by 530 p.m.
After traditional welcome,be escorted to respective cabins
Train departs by 9 p.m.
Palace on WheelsDay 2 : Thurs : AGRA
Morning visit The Taj Mahal, one of the eight wonders of the modern world & built entirely of white marble, whose stunning architecture is beyond adequate description, Afternoon excursion to UNESCO World Heritage Site of Fatehpur Sikri, first planned Mughal City built in mid 16th century and also a fine amalgamation of Indian Persian and Islamic architecture
Day 3: Fri: JAIPUR
Morning excursion to 16th century built Amber Fort Palace & tourists can ride up to the fort from the base of the hill on elephants.
Afternoon visit 18th Century built Pink City palace complex with an impressive and vast array of courtyards, gardens and buildings.Nearby is located UNESCO World Heritage Site of Jantar Mantar,an operational Sun Dial observatory
Day 4 : Sat : RANTHAMBHORE
Early morning & afternoon safari to Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve, Ranthambore wildlife sanctuary is known for its tigers and is one of the best places in India to see these majestic predators in the jungle. Tigers can be easily spotted even during the day time.Other major wild animals include leopard, nilgai, dhole, wild boar, sambar, hyena, sloth bear and chital. It is also home to wide variety of trees, plants, birds and reptiles. Ranthambore is also the site for one of the largest banyan trees in India.
Day 5 : Sun : UDAIPUR
Welcome to the former capital of Mewar Kingdom,founded in 16th Century,by rulers of Chittorgarh and often called the "Venice of the East"and also nicknamed the "Lake City".
Apart from its glorious history, culture and scenic locations, Udaipur is also famous for The Lake Palace, covering an entire island in the Pichola Lake. & now converted into a luxury hotel.Your tour includes visit to the impressive City Palace,towering on the east bank of Lake Pichola, with overlapping parathions, terraces, corridors and gardens, built between 16th to 18th Century
Day 6 : Mon : ELLORA & AURANGABAD
After early breakfast,proceed for excursion to UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ellora caves
You feast your eyes on one of the finest examples of cave - temple architecture in the world.These rock cut houses have detailed facades and exceptionally carved interiors,dating between 4th to 8th century A.D and symbolize the unique amalgamation of three different faiths of Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.
Day 7 : Tue : AJANTA
From Jalgaon Railway station drive 1.5 hrs to UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ajanta caves
These historical manmade caves,dating back to 3rd Century A.D. Comprise of beautiful paintings on the walls and ceilings that depict the life of the Buddha and are considered the finest masterpiece of Buddhist art and architecture
Day 8 : Wed : MUMBAI Arrive
Train arrives in Mumbai by 745 a.m.Check-out after breakfast by 815 a.m.
Contact Us Booking
The Centrally Air-Conditioned Indian Maharaja Deccan Odyssey Train offer option to travel in Deluxe cabins Or Presidential Suites.Onboard are facilities of Bar Lounge, Two dining car saloons; aryuvedic spa centre; conference saloon car, business centre & mini gym. All cabins have attached private bathrooms with toiletries of international standard.
|7 Nights Indian Maharaja Train Tour Ex Delhi/Mumbai 2012-13 Season|
|Jan 2013||No Departs|
|March 2013||No Departs|
|COST PER CABIN-7 Nights The Indian Maharaja Train Tour|
|Plan / Cabin||On Twin Sharing (taxes extra)||On Single occupancy (taxes extra)|
|Silver Plan||US$ 8330 for 2 + taxes||US$ 6650 for 1 + taxes|
|Gold Plan||US$ 9730 for 2+ taxes||US$ 7770 for 1 + taxes|
|Platinum Plan||US$ 13,930 for 2+ taxes||US$ 11,130 for 1 + taxes|
The Indian Maharaja Train tour Cost Includes:
Travel & Overnight stay in richly furnished deluxe cabins with & attached bathrooms; bed tea, breakfast, lunch &, dinner; bottled drinking water; pre-paid sightseeing tours in each town visited; Entrance fee at monuments & wildlife reserves, Cultural programs as per tour program.
EXTRA COSTS (Not Included in train tour) :
video/ professional camera fees at monuments & wild life parks; Alcoholic & Non-Alcoholic beverages, laundry, telephone calls & internet, Use of Business Centre & Spa Car Facilities, travel tour insurance; tips ;arrangements for air tickets or Indian Visa ;Hotel Stay & sightseeing tours in Mumbai Or Delhi, and all other expenses of personal nature.
The Indian Maharaja Booking Procedure :
- We require Names/Nationality/date of birth of all the passengers to process the booking
- Booking will be confirmed on receipt of advance deposit of US$ 1500 per person
- Balance / Full payment must reach us at least 91 days before train tour departure.
- Booking request received < 91 days before tour depart will be confirmed on receipt of One Time full tour amount
- e-travel documents will be issued on receipt of passport details of all the passengers & full tour amount
Payment Options :
- Either by Online Credit Card Authorization
- Swift wire transfer through your bank
- Cheque payable at par in New Delhi
The Indian Maharaja Cancellation Rules :
- Only written requests will be entertained for cancellation.
- The cancellation rules are governed by Management of Train Tour Company & liability of Lawrence Travels & Tours Pvt. Ltd is limited to that of booking agent only
- If booking cancelled> 95 days before tour depart, Minimum cancellation levy of US$ 1,000 per person
- If booking cancelled between 65 to 90 days prior to tour depart, minimum 30% of ticket value will be charged as cancellation fee.
- If booking cancelled between 46 to 60 days prior to tour depart, minimum 50% of ticket value will be charged as cancellation fee.
- Request for cancellation received < 45 days prior to tour depart, full 100% of ticket value will be charged as cancellation fee & advance stands forfeited.
- Requests for postponement of journey OR change in names will be governed by cancellation rules.
- Non receipt of full payment < 95 days prior to tour depart will be governed by cancellation rules.
- Disputes, if any, are subject to jurisdiction of courts of New Delhi (India) only
- No show, self curtailment of journey, un-willingness to proceed with train tour, for whatsoever reason is governed by cancellation rules.
- Guests have to make self arrangements to obtain Indian Visa, before boarding flight.
- Train Manager reserves the right to amend day to day tour program, at short notice, to suit local logistics.
- Full refund will be made to guest if train tour is canceled due to logistical reason.
- The Deccan Odyssey train is owned by MTDC,but The Indian Maharaja Train tour is operated by Indian travel company of TCI.
- Maximum Liability of Lawrence Travels & Tours pvt. Ltd,New Delhi is limited to that of booking agent only & not Principal Train Tour operator
- It is suggested to pre-purchase Tour Insurance from country of orgin of travel.