Day 1 : Wed : MUMBAI Depart
Report by 3.30 p.m. at VT (Fort) Railway Station,Mumbai for check-in
formalities of "The Maharaja Train" tour
Train departs by 430 p.m. & proceed to lounge area for tour briefing
Day 2 : Thurs : AURANGABAD & ELLORA
After early breakfast,proceed for excursion to UNESCO World Heritage Site
of Ellora caves
You feast your eyes on one of the finest examples of cave - temple
architecture in the world.These rock cut houses have detailed facades and
exceptionally carved interiors,dating between 4th to 8th century A.D
and symbolize the unique amalgamation of three different faiths of
Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.
Day 3 : Fri : AJANTA
From Jalgaon Railway station drive 1.5 hrs to UNESCO World Heritage Site of
These historical manmade caves,dating back to 3rd Century A.D; Comprise of
beautiful paintings on the walls and ceilings that depict the life of the
Buddha and are considered the finest masterpiece of Buddhist art and
4 : Sat : UDAIPUR
Welcome to the former capital of Mewar Kingdom,founded in 16th Century,by
rulers of Chittorgarh and often called the "Venice of the East"and
also nicknamed the "Lake City"
Apart from its glorious history, culture and scenic locations, Udaipur is
also famous for The Lake Palace, covering an entire island in the Pichola
Lake. & now converted into a luxury hotel.Your tour includes visit to
the impressive City Palace,towering on the east bank of Lake Pichola, with
overlapping parathions, terraces, corridors and gardens, built between 16th
to 18th Century.
Day 5 : Sun : RANTHAMBHORE
Early morning & afternoon safari to Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve,
Ranthambore wildlife sanctuary is known for its tigers and is one of the
best places in India to see these majestic predators in the jungle. Tigers
can be easily spotted even during the day time.Other major wild animals
include leopard, nilgai, dhole, wild boar, sambar, hyena, sloth bear and
chital. It is also home to wide variety of trees, plants, birds and
reptiles. Ranthambore is also the site for one of the largest banyan trees
Day 6 : Mon: JAIPUR
Morning excursion to 16th century built Amber Fort Palace & tourists
can ride up to the fort from the base of the hill on elephants
Lunch in 5 star Palace Hotel
Afternoon visit 18th Century built Pink City palace complex with an
impressive and vast array of courtyards, gardens and buildings.
Nearby is located UNESCO World Heritage Site of Jantar Mantar,an
operational Sun Dial observatory
Evening return to Train & depart
Day 7 : Tue : AGRA
Morning excursion to UNESCO World Heritage Site of Fatehpur Sikri, first
planned Mughal City built in mid 16th century and also a fine amalgamation
of Indian Persian and Islamic architecture.
Lunch in 5 Star City hotel
Afternoon visit UNESCO World Heritage site of Red Fort & one of the
eight wonders of the modern world ,The Taj Mahal, built entirely of white
marble, & whose stunning architecture is beyond adequate description.
Evening return to Train & depart
Day 8 : Wed : DELHI Arrive
Your train arrives in delhi by 6 a.m.
Check-out by 8 a.m. after hearty breakfast.
The Centrally Air-Conditioned Indian Maharaja Deccan
Odyssey Train offer option to travel in Deluxe cabins or Presidential
Suites. Onboard are facilities of Bar Lounge, Two dining car saloons,
Aryuvedic Spa Centre, Conference Saloon Car, Business Centre & Mini Gym.
All cabins have attached private bathrooms with toiletries of international
EXTRA COSTS (Not Included in train tour) :
- In Silver Class- Sightseeing tours in groups with common English speaking guide.
- In Gold & Platinum Class- Sightseeing tours in private cars with personal guide(language speaking on prior request).
- Govt. Service Tax of 3.09% extra.
- Same US$ tariff applicable for Indian nationals & they can pay in equivalent Rupees as per RBI Rate of Exchange.
- Entrance & vehicles at Ranthambhore Tiger reserve as per policy of forest dept.
- Total trip is for 7 Nights ,but allowed to book part 3 Nights journey & pay accordingly.
- The Indian Maharaja tour operates on carriages of Deccan Odyssey Train.
- The train tour will operate subject to minimum 25 paid passengers.
Professional/Video camera fee at monuments & wild life reserves
;Alcoholic & Non-Alcoholic beverages; tips, laundry, telephone calls,,
Use of Business Centre & Spa Car Facilities, travel tour insurance;
Hotel Stay in Mumbai Or Delhi; and other items of personal nature.
The Indian Maharaja Booking Procedure :
Payment Options :
- We require Names/Nationality of all the passengers
- Booking will be confirmed on receipt of USD 1000 advance deposit per
person ,which is non refundable & non-adjustable.
- Balance / Full payment: must reach us atleast 91 days before tour
- Booking request received < 91 days before tour depart will only be
confirmed against full tour deposit
- To issue e-travel documents,we require Name/Nationality/Date of
Birth/Passport No/Place Of Issue/Date Of Issue & Contact Address
Either by credit card Authorization Bank swift wire transfer
The Indian Maharaja Cancellation Rules :
1. Minimum US$ 1000 per person cancellation fee will be charged if booking
cancelled> 90 days before tour depart
2. Minimum 30% of ticket value will be charged as cancellation fee,if
booking cancelled between 61-90 days prior to tour depart
3. Minimum 50% of ticket value will be charged as cancellation fee,if
booking cancelled between 46-60 days prior to tour depart
4. If request for cancellation made < 45 days prior to tour depart,your
advance stands forfeited & you are liable to pay for full 100% of ticket
5. Requests for postponement of journey will be governed by cancellation
6. Non receipt of payment as per given schedule,will be governed by
7. Disputes, if any, are subject to jurisdiction of courts of New Delhi
8. The Deccan Odyssey train is owned by MTDC,but The Indian Maharaja Train
tour is operated by Indian travel company of TCI.
9. Maximum Liability of Lawrence Travels & Tours pvt. Ltd,New Delhi is
limited to that of booking agent only & not Principal Train Tour
10. Esteemed Guests are adviced to make prior self arrangements & apply
in time for Indian Visa documents.
11. It is suggested to pre-purchase Tour Insurance from country of orgin of